Insurance Quote For Vacant Buildings From An Insurance Broker
Tips On Managing The Risk Of Vacant Buildings From An Insurance Broker As all buildings, whether it’s a home, strip mall, office building, warehouse etc. are left unoccupied or vacant from time to time it important to know when to get an insurance quote for vacant buildings from an insurance broker. Most people aren’t aware that the typical property insurance coverage can be voided if a property is left vacant or unoccupied for as little as 4 days! Regardless of the reason for the vacancy it’s important to speak to your insurance broker and have them formally advise your insurance of any planned vacancy that is going to be longer than 4 days. A separate insurance quote for vacant buildings from an insurance broker isn’t needed in all cases, but it’s important that your insurer is made aware of the vacant and can confirm coverage or advise if an insurance quote for vacant buildings from an insurance broker is needed.
- Advise your insurance broker or insurer that the building is going to be left unoccupied. Most insurance policies have conditions on vacant or unoccupied buildings.
- Protect the building. Establish measures to include security, vandalism, theft, and damage protection.
- Deal with the elements – do you maintain heating while the premises are empty or turn it off?
- Fire protection system must be maintained and in working order.
- Minimize vermin infestations with professional pest and vermin control
- Secure the building by installing temporary fencing, boarding up ground floor windows, blocking entry points
What Can An Insurance Quote For Vacant Buildings From An Insurance Broker Can Cover?
- Broad form perils insurance coverage
- Replacement cost insurance if desired
- Sewer backup insurance coverage
- Vandalism insurance coverage
For Insurance Quote For Vacant Buildings From An Insurance Broker Contact An ALIGNED Insurance Broker Today!