Want to buy ONLINE Commercial insurance now?
Click HERE to get coverage now!
Your clients rely on your designs to help them convey their brand identity and key messaging while reaching their customers on an emotional level to influence their decisions. And often before you can start designing a website, logo, brochure and other marketing materials, you often have to help your clients discover what their identity is. So not only do design companies have to worry about keeping their clients happy and successful, but intellectual property disputes, potential liability for bodily injury & personal injury, or property damage as well as protecting their online business from natural disasters and cyber threats also need to be addressed.
Whether you run a one-person design studio from your home, are a small team of the design business and branding experts or are a large arts design company that does large-scale designs and illustrations, we can get you ALIGNED with the graphic design company liability insurance designed to protect you from your specific risks.
How Graphic Design Company Insurance Can Protect You
With the ever-increasing pace of business, clients expect quicker turn-around times between consultation and the first (and hopefully last) round of design options. The chances of making a mistake increase with the pressure to meet or exceed client expectations and retain new ones. The foundation of insurance for graphic designers package will include Media Liability Insurance to help guard you against professional liability losses common in the design industry. Some of the risk scenarios faced by design companies include:
- The colours and/or fonts of a logo you designed appear to be similar to another logo and the company sues for trademark infringement
- A typo or incorrect anatomical illustration in a medical brochure causes your client to look incompetent and lose clients
- A scheduling error causes you to miss a deadline on a packaging design, delaying the release of thousands of units of a client’s product
- A competing design firm claims you badmouthed their company during the selection process of a lucrative design contract
Some of the highlights of media professional liability coverage as they pertain to graphic design companies include protection from lawsuits alleging:
- Trademark/copyright infringement and coverage to legally enforce your own intellectual property or damage claim
- Errors, omissions & negligence
- Breach of contract
- Breach of confidentiality
- False advertising
- Deceptive trade practices
If your graphic designer insurance company faces litigation for an insured claim, media professional liability insurance can provide you with the resources to cover legal fees, defence costs, out-of-court settlements and awards for damages.
Keep in mind that lawsuits brought by unhappy clients or competing graphic design companies that don’t have any merit still cost a significant amount of money to defend against.
Other types of insurance that protect graphic design companies from potential liabilities and losses
- Why Business Consultants Need E&O Coverage
- Health and Safety Consultant Insurance
- Buy Errors And Omissions Insurance For Interior Designers In Canada
- What is Side A DIC Directors Insurance Coverage?
- E-news | Back to business. Back to risk management.
- How You Can Manage Risk with Manufacturing Industry Insurance
- How Much Is Small Business Insurance Canada?
- Business Insurance Canada
- Technology Company Insurance Overview
We are commercial risk management experts because we only deal with commercial insurance products
At ALIGNED, we specialize in commercial insurance and will use the relationships we’ve built over the years with Canada’s top insurance companies to get you graphic design insurance that meets your protection needs at affordable rates. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free insurance quote in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.
We’re here to help you find the BEST commercial insurance…
Our team of insurance brokers is available to help answer any and all questions you might have about all of our commercial insurance products. If you have a question about business insurance, are uncertain about what a particular insurance coverage term means, or simply want to find commercial insurance that directly aligns with your needs, don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448.
It’s time to get insurance value and choice aligned. Want Canadian business insurance that aligns with your bottom line? We can help. 365. Call us toll-free at 1-866-287-0448 or click to Get a Quote!
We’re ALIGNED across Canada. The ALIGNED Insurance National Operations Centre in Cambridge, Ontario supports our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices. Our industry peers consistently recognize us as one of Canada’s best insurance teams. 100% Canadian owned, we are super proud to be one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in the country.
We deliver e-news you can use. Get practical business insurance insights in your inbox every month. 19,000+ people subscribe to our free ALIGNMENT Matters e-news. Just click the JOIN OUR DISTRIBUTION LIST button – at the bottom of our homepage – to get connected.
365 | Get ALIGNED. Every day, Canadian business leaders read our insurance insights. Find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.