Transactional Insurance Explained
What Does M&A Insurance Do?
- Facilitate mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other business transactions.
- Provide access to the insurance industry’s capital and allow the transfer of certain transaction-related risks to the insurance markets.
Types of Transactional Insurance Products include:
Protects a party from financial losses resulting from inaccuracies in the representations and warranties made about the target company or business in connection with transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Tax Liability Insurance
Tax liability insurance enables the insured to reduce or eliminate a contingent tax exposure arising from tax treatment of a transaction, investment or other tax position where the underlying legal conclusions may be subject to future challenge by tax authorities
- Contingent Liability Insurance
Who Provides Transactional Insurance?
ALIGNED Insurance brokers work with clients, lawyers and financing professionals to place transactional insurance like tax liability insurance, representations and warranties insurance etc. with the best insurer for their clients like AIG and other top Canadian transactional insurance product leaders.
More About AIG’s Transactional Insurance Capabilities:
- AIG is the largest, longest established and most experienced team in the global transactional insurance market
- AIG provides bespoke insurance solutions for transactions: Reps and Warranties, Tax Liability and Contingent Liability
- AIG has a global team of 22 underwriters which consists of bankers, tax specialists, corporate lawyers and litigators drawn from private practice and is based in Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Hong Kong the UK, USA and Canada
- AIG has global capacity and offices in most jurisdictions around the world
- AIG has placed insurance on 1500+ transactions in well over 30 different jurisdictions
|We’re ALIGNED Across Canada
100% Canadian owned, ALIGNED is a premiere insurance brokerage that serves small, medium and large organizations. ALIGNED’s offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver are supported by a national operations centre in Cambridge, Ontario. As one of Canada’s fastest growing insurance brokerages, we invite you to learn more about us and connect @ALIGNEDonRisk, on Facebook or LinkedIn.