Whether you run a home day care centre business or a large commercial facility, all child care centre businesses share the same level of accountability. Parents place their trust in you and the weight of that responsibility needs to be supported with the protection of daycare insurance policy.
Liability Protection for Daycare Centres
Your daycare facility business gives children a place to grow, learn, play and socialize. You also provide an essential service to parents who are busy supporting their families.
Why You Need Daycare Centre Insurance
If a child is injured at your childcare centre, whether you or your staff were negligent or not, that child’s parents may feel that filing a lawsuit is the only way to protect their child and other children.
What You Need to Know About Daycare Insurance Types
Our child care facility business insurance packages are designed for the risks facing childcare centres and are customizable to meet the specific needs of your child care centre. Basic business liability coverage for childcare centre business includes:
- A CGL insurance policy can cover your daycare centre for lawsuits alleging personal injury to a child or anyone else visiting your childcare business property, property damage, false advertising and libel or slander. Optional coverage for abuse liability is also available.
- In case a current or former staff member of your daycare facility business alleges that they were wrongfully terminated, harassed, or were otherwise the victim of employment-based wrongful acts.
If you are served with a lawsuit, our childcare centre business professional liability policies can provide coverage for:
- Lawyer’s fees and defence costs
- Out-of-court settlements
- Awards for damages
Why is Property Coverage Also Important for Daycare Centres?
Legal liability isn’t the only risk facing childcare centre businesses. A bad weather incident or a dishonest employee can have a devastating effect on your childcare centre. The following business coverages are also recommended:
- Business Property Liability Coverage provides coverage for damages to your building and contents from perils such as fires, floods, windstorms, sewage backup, vandalism and more. You may also need to add:
Business Interruption Coverage – that can cover your expenses if a peril forces your childcare centre to close for repairs.
Extra Expense Insurance – for the costs of setting up a temporary childcare location following an insured peril.
If you do run a home childcare centre business, it may not be covered by your home insurance policy. Don’t wait until it’s too late, find out if you need a separate commercial insurance property policy.
- Can cover losses due to specific perils affecting your childcare centre’s heating systems, electrical panels, compressors and other machinery and equipment.
- For vehicles used by your child care centre.
- Protection in case of employee theft or fraud.
Let ALIGNED take care of you so that you can focus on caring for the kids in your centre.
Working with children can be fun and rewarding but it simply can’t be done without the protection of business insurance. We work with Canada’s top insurance companies to ensure the reliable protection your type of business needs. Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote on daycare centre business insurance policy in minutes or get started right away by using our free online tool.