What to know about getting insurance for your B&B
The quaint and quintessential B&B. For years, Canadians have sought out the hospitality of bed and breakfasts when they want a different experience than a high-rise or chain hotel. This is because at a bed & breakfast, people have the opportunity to forge a deeper connection with the community they are visiting. And a chance to get to know more about the in’s and out’s of their location from the best expert…you, their local host.
According to Statistics Canada, “This Canadian industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing short-term lodging in facilities known as bed and breakfast homes. These establishments provide guest rooms in private homes or in small buildings converted for this use, and they often possess a unique or historic character. Bed and breakfast homes are characterized by a highly personalized service, and usually the inclusion, in the room rate, of a full breakfast, served by the owner or owner-supervised staff.”1
However, the risks you experience as a B&B manager are far from traditional. Especially in today’s competitive landscape of virtual online BnB rentals of whole homes, unique properties and trendy glamping options.
Related Matters: Airbnb Insurance – Why you need it as a host
This is why it’s even more important to get the best possible value for your B&B insurance. You know there are rewards as well as risks when it comes to owning and managing a B&B in Canada. Likewise, there are specific coverages and exposures that that need to be managed.
In short, we’re making it simple and easy to get the specific coverage you need for your bed and breakfast.
Scroll down to learn more…
Firstly, what kind of bed and breakfast are you running?
Is your B&B a traditional, old-school bed and breakfast? Does it include seasonal accommodations such as cabins or cottages? Is your B&B also a designated heritage home? Where is it located?
These are just a few of the questions you will need to be ready to answer when you are looking to insure your Canadian bed and breakfast.
Related Matters: Need insurance for a bed and breakfast? Read this.
The good news is that we have strong partnerships with insurance companies that deliver the best options and value for B&B proprietors.
If you are living in your home and welcoming bed and breakfast guests year-round, we have a solution built for you!
Here are some examples of coverages that customized to address the specific risks that bed & breakfast businesses face.
- Personal Liability – $2,000,000 to $5,000,000
- Comprehensive, Replacement Cost Form
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost available for qualifying risks
- Single Limit policy
- Up to 8 Rooms and separate Guest Cabins
- Loss of Income – $100,000 included
- Inn Keepers Liability $1,000/Guest
- Exterior Signs – $1,000
- Professional Fees – $5,000
- Hobby Farm Endorsements
- Watercraft – $3,000
Above all, our brokers are commercial insurance experts. They can answer your coverage questions and get you the insurance your B&B needs. We take pride in helping our clients get aligned with value and insurance options.
Contact us to get more info about B&B insurance and coverage options.
Secondly, tell us about the risks that your B&B is facing
While a slip, trip and fall situation on your property may keep you up at night, there are other risks your business faces. And when you are looking for bed and breakfast insurance, it’s those specific risks that your that are most essential to get covered.
Related Matters: Where can I get liability insurance for my Airbnb in Canada?
This is why our simple application for B&B insurance asks for key insights about your experiences as a bed and breakfast operator.
Based on your responses, the exposures you face on a day-to-day basis will be matched with suitable coverages. Here are 12 of the questions you can expect to answer when applying for B&B insurance in Canada.
- How many years of experience do you have operating a B&B?
- Have you had any claims in the last 5 years? If so, please describe the loss.
- Are you aware of any circumstances or facts that may give rise to any future losses? Please describe.
- Is your B&B property a designated Heritage Home?
- Is your property 20+ years old? If yes, please confirm information about construction materials, heating and other elements.
- What percentage of your property is occupied by you?
- Do you have a dock or wharf?
- If you have a swimming pool is it inground or above ground? Is it fully fenced?
- How are your burglar and fire alarms monitored – locally or do you have a cell back-up alarm?
- Do you also serve meals to the general public?
- Does your business arrange tours or contract out any activities?
Get a FREE BnB insurance quote now. Complete this application.
Email your form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To sum up | Rest easy when you get B&B insurance aligned with us!
In conclusion, our ALIGNED Insurance brokers across Canada are here to help you get the best value for your B&B insurance.
And it’s not just us who are saying this. It’s our thousands of clients across the country. We know we’re delivering a valued and different kind of commercial insurance experience when one of our clients takes the time to write a Google review about us.
Here are just a few recent reviews our clients have shared about ALIGNED Insurance on Google.
- “I was looking to get an insurance for a Property Management company. I contacted 7 insurance companies/brokers and none of them were able to provide me with a quote. Andrew managed to provide me with a good quote in rapid timeline which was essential for me, he was very proactive, answered all of my questions. The whole process was smooth. I recommend him highly.” – ALIGNED Toronto client
- “Andrew Clark was exceptional to deal with finding me the small business insurance I needed.” – ALIGNED Calgary client
- “We have had 3 properties insured by ALIGNED and never had an issue.” – ALIGNED Cambridge client
- “I had a fantastic experience with this service, they were fast and most importantly simple to engage with. Insurance is full of jargon and they made it easy to understand exactly what I was getting.” – ALIGNED Vancouver client